Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hair Today Gone Tomorrow

I believe the time has come.  My scalp is feeling all sorts of weird and although the hair is not coming out in clumps yet ... when I run my fingers through my new, sassy short do ... I get multiple strands of my locks in my hand. 

The questions is ... do I have the guts to walk down to the local hair place and tell them to shave it all off?  It's one thing to know it's going to happen  ... but now that the moment is upon me ... YIKES.  I don't care what anyone says ... though I will learn to deal with the temporary baldness while it lasts (probably about six months or so), seeing myself for the first time with no hair is gonna be one heck of a bizarre event.  There's no easy way for this to happen. Unless I chicken out ... I think tomorrow is the B-Day.

I've been feeling really good since my last blog post. Walking every day ... back to working part time ... much more energy.  That is likely to change again with my next chemo treatment (Sept. 6), but at least I know that I'll just as likely rebound after 4 or 5 days.  And then I will only have ONE infusion left.  I sooooooo want this to be over.

Back to my hair.  I'd rather buzz it all off when I'm feeling good and able to scale tall buildings in a single bound (well ... relatively speaking) than wait until I'm flattened again.  Just trying to psyche myself into doing this.

I'll let you know ...

:-)

3 comments:

Daniel said...

Every day is a new blessing: Sunday it was singing with you downtown. I'm glad you were there. Hairless is just another phase to get on the other side of. Love always==Daniel

Blog by Haseeb. said...

This is a good read i have done today so far, I am delighted to came across it. I'll be back again to check out other posts as well. mobile county health department eight mile clinic

Anonymous said...

I feel ya! Thanks for the encouragement - and witness - yesterday … and the referral to Lovely and generous Inez 💖