Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Chemo-Coaster ... E ticket ride

E is for energy  ... and the anticipation and excitement that goes along with not knowing from hour to hour, day to day if you will have any!  Had my 2nd infusion on Tuesday ... and the weepy woozies hit a lot faster and stronger this time - which makes me think that perhaps it will lift sooner than first time.  At least this time round I know the drill.


Trying to keep my spirits from sinking too low ... it is no doubt another major side effect of the chemo ... my emotions are being held captive to the drugs that are coursing through my veins.  Trying to turn it around and imagine the drugs eating up the negative thoughts that pop into my chemo brain.  It takes energy to constantly remind yourself that this is a transient condition.  I'm betting that tomorrow will be much better.


My darling buddy Tim took some days off this week to come down from SF to be here with me ... and even though I'm lousy company at present, he seems to be weathering the circumstance fairly well.  It's a comfort to know that he's here.


In case you're wondering ... I posted one of the photos I took two weeks ago at the Mountain Winery - as a reminder of how comparatively great I felt  back then -- and will feel soon again.  Jeff Bridges and a kick-ass band.  Cuz Barb nailed two 3rd row tickets and it was sooooo good to be there.


The local community gathering place, a lovely coffee house in my neighborhood - Cafe Zoe - is going to have live music all day on Sunday to commemorate 9-11.  Kathleen, wonderful person and owner, asked if I would be feeling up to coming in and singing a few songs of hope and peace at some point during that day. I really would love to ... so holding it up as a goal.  Looking for the fog to lift and a few songs to rise.  :-)

3 comments:

Alexandra said...

The part about all of this being a transient condition is SO TRUE, Benita. Just stay focused on that thought. Try to keep telling yourself that YOU have the upper hand and that this disease has not and never will defeat you. Remember the old days when we were little at Linwood and would play outside for hours on end?? Nothing could defeat us then and nothing can defeat you now. Rest assured...this is the truth.

Suzanne said...

I think you sound great. Keep you eyes and chemo- brain moving forward and thinking clearly. You are now almost out of the woods......chemically speaking. You go girl!

Anonymous said...

gracie's mom looks wonderful! and sounds strong and clear. blessings abound. thank u for all the good words. i read it all tonight. what a grand community you've created. and how you've demystified the whole process for us all. vidyo folks r so lucky to have you. and now we get that part of u....it is amazing how easily we allow ourselves to drift into the 60+ hour work week. sigh. i'm around all week if you need anything...luvann