Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Last Train to Chemoville

With apologies to Crowded House ... I tweaked a few lyrics of this song:

There is freedom within, there is freedom without
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
There's a battle ahead, many battles are lost
But you'll never see the end of the road
While you're tethered to a chemo IV

Hey now, hey now
It's really over!
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
To build a path to health again
I know that I can win

Now I'm walking again to the beat of a drum
And I'm counting the steps to the door of my health
There're no shadows ahead, no more clouds in my mind
Get to know the feeling of liberation and release

Hey now, hey now
It's really over!
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
To build a path to health again
I know that I can win

Last chemo infusion today.  Below - a photo montage of this journey.  I WILL keep blogging ... however, a new chapter will begin soon.  YAY!

Moments before being buzzed
 Being buzzed
 Buzzed
 Tim biding time while I get infused.
 Infusion #2
 Infusion #3.  Taken through a dirty lens, my fellow chemo pals, Sarah, Sandra and me with wigs and scarf.
 Wigless and Scarfless
 Benita in Sandra's Wig!  

What a ride!  Can't believe I'm able to sit here at my computer tonight.  Already a good sign that it may not be as bad as last post-infusion time.  They reduced my dose 20% today ... hoping it won't hit me as hard starting tomorrow (like it did last time).

I have every intention to keep blogging.  So stay tuned. Next comes a sprinkling of radiation.  Not sure when yet.  But it's in the process of being reviewed by my insurance ... probably late October.

It still hasn't hit me ... that this part is winding down.  I say winding down because I do expect to be not so great for the next week ... and chemo-brained for quite a while longer.  But ... who knows Hope springs eternal!  :-)

2 comments:

cellosopher said...

Missed you at M'Earthville this evening... We sang "Don't Give Up ..." in your honor to end the night*... Sounds very much as though you have every intention not to give up :*).... Way to walk through the valley, Benita!.... Hugs!*

David Haas said...

Hello,
I have a question about your blog. Please email me!
Thanks,
David